Diggers Hydrochloric Acid 9.9%
Diggers Hydrochloric Acid 9.9% (HCL) is a solution of hydrogen chloride in water that is used as a pool pH adjuster and surface preparation treatment.
- Etching concrete floors prior to painting.
- pH adjuster for pool water.
- Brick cleaning.
- Metal cleaning.
- Chemicals manufacturing.
- Colourless liquid with a very sharp, biting odour (do not inhale).
- Widely used in mining, building and pool industries.
For Brick Cleaning & Etching
1. Remove lumps of cement with a scraper. Wet bricks thoroughly with water to prevent acid soaking into
the bricks – failing to do so could result in bricks turning yellow/ green.
2. Mix 1 part of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid 9.9% with up to 3 parts water.
3. Apply acid solution with a broad brush and then rinse off with water once chemical reaction (frothing) has ended. Repeat if necessary.
As a pH Adjuster for Pool Water
1. Add 300ml of Diggers Hydrochloric Acid 9.9% per 40,000 litres of pool water to lower pH by 0.1 point
(i.e. 7.9 to 7.8).
2. Run pool pump for at least 1 hour after adding the acid.
NOTE: Never mix Hydrochloric Acid with Sodium Hypochlorite (Chlorine).
Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye / face protection when using this product.
Always add acid to water (NEVER ADD WATER TO ACID).