What is CM-X?
CM-X is a low-odour, powerful descaler and remover for concrete, rust, lime scale and mortar splashes from a variety of hard surfaces.
It is an excellent brick cleaner and also dissolves splashes and cement dust from concrete mixing trucks and machinery.
- Much less odour than straight-hydrochloric acid-based products. Practically non-fuming.
- Dissolves concrete and lime scale quickly.
- Has corrosion inhibitors to prevent attack of bare iron and steel.
- Removes rust and hard-water scale.
- Has a detergent action, so can still work on oily surfaces.
How Does It Work?
CM-X is based on an organic-salt complex which is milder than straight hydrochloric acid. This means it has much lower odour and fumes, but still has acid reserves to keep on reacting. The acidity in this product dissolves the lime component in concrete, resulting in water-soluble salts that can be washed away.
For use on…
CM-X is ideal for use on concrete mixing trucks, portable concrete mixers, floats, trowels, level screeders and concrete pumps. It can be used on plastics and paintwork that is in reasonable condition and it will have little effect on steel, stainless steel, and iron. It should not be used on zinc or aluminium, especially at high temperatures.
It should be diluted to at least 1 in 5 for use on ceramic tiles, slate, terra cotta, or brickwork.
Because it can dissolve concrete, CM-X should not be used on marble, terrazzo, laminates and other acid-sensitive surfaces.